Saturday 11 October 2014

Why I smile at strangers

Yes... I am one of those people.

The type of person that grins at you whilst you are having a bad day, 'who does she think she is, smiling at me, and whilst I feel like this!.'

-source-

The truth is, I feel it is my duty to simply acknowledge others. We have, for one reason or another, ended up crossing paths in our lives and I think the least I can do, is to smile at these people. More often than not, we are too engaged in our own lives to realise that everyone else is coexisting beside us too.

I'll give you an example of a conversation I heard outside the gym, between a dad and his two children.

Child 1: Hey Daddy, they are redoing the gym, you could use that!
Dad: ...And why is that?
Child 2: Because you haven't exercised in FOREVER!!

The two children then proceeded to laugh and as I looked up from what I was doing, and smiled at this man, we shared a moment of, 'Oh god, children say that funniest things, how embarrassing!' All without opening our mouths.

It's moments like this that explain why I believe in smiling at strangers, so what if it's that grumpy old man on the bus, we should all spread a little joy!

Abbie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment